Have a listen to each song sample!
In December 2013, Manotick Brass Ensemble released its third CD which was recorded to celebrate the ensemble’s tenth anniversary in 2013. Titled “Joyful Reflections” the CD contains 18 musical selections which reflect many of the milestones during the ensemble’s ten-year history.
Included are musical arrangements especially commissioned for the ensembles visits to Cuba in 2011 and Jersey UK in 2012. “El Mambi” a traditional Cuban song was arranged for the Cuban trip and proved to be a hit with audiences wherever it was played in Cuba. Included on the new CD is a live recording from the final Cuban concert by Manotick Brass which captures the audience response as they sang from the heart. For the Jersey visit, Manotick Brass commissioned a medley of songs associated with the sea and the seaside. This rollicking arrangement has been a hit with audiences everywhere. Some of the key events reflected on the CD are Manotick Musicale, Canada Day, the 150th anniversary of Watson’s Mill as well as the 150th anniversary of the founding of the village of Manotick and the Diamond Jubilee of HM Queen Elizabeth II. One track celebrates music making with friends and features an arrangement for brass and organ of “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee” recorded at Glebe St. James United Church in Ottawa with organist Robert Palmai.
Full Track Listing
The eighteen tracks on “Joyful Reflections” provide sixty-four minutes of a wide variety of music. The eight page insert explains how each of the songs relates to key events including many photographs. Cost of the new CD is $10.00 and copies are available at Manotick Office-Pro or by sending us an email.
- Calling All Workers (2:52) – Eric Coates – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- Spanish Eyes (3:19) – Bert Kaempfert – arr. Alan Fernie
- CA-NA-DA (2:21) – Bobby Gimby – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- You Made Me Love You – (3:04) –McCarthy & Monaco – arr. Nigel Simmons
- Irish Tune From County Derry (3:23) – Percy Grainger – arr. Paul Hanna
- Scotland the Brave – Medley (5:41) – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- In His Hands – Traditional (2:43) – arr. Alan Fernie
- Keep Smiling Through – Medley (6:54) – arr. Nigel Simmons
- The Maple Leaf Forever (2:41) – Alexander Muir – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- Dancing With Guy – Medley (5:08) – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- Be a Clown (1:52) – Cole Porter – arr. Alan Fernie
- Mexican Folk Medley (2:31) -arr. Bert Mayer
- Greeting to Toronto Polka (2:54) – Hebert L. Clarke – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- El Mambi (3:57) – Luis Casas Romero – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- Walk by Sea – Medley (5:48) – arr. Nigel Simmons
- Canadian Royal Salute (3:18) – Antoine Dessane – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- High Park March (2:25) – Charles Thiele – arr. E. F. Lloyd Hiscock
- Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee (3:32) – L. van Beethoven – arr. Tim Zimmerman
Total Playing Time: (64:23)